Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as users themselves have disclosed to that website. It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser's cookie settings, but if you do this you will not be able to shop from the Capricci website as the functions of the website are dependent on cookies. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply.
Here is a description of the different kind of cookies we use.
Essential cookies: these cookies allow you to use the basic functionality of our website. For example, browsing our products, ordering and paying for items, checking your account information and viewing your order history.
Performance cookies: they allow us to get to know how you use our website. They are used to analyse visitor information such as usage, visitor numbers and help us see how effective our advertising is and to understand what you like. We also use this information to help improve our website, make our marketing more relevant and improve the user experience. We may contact a third party service to assist us to better understand how our visitors are using our site. Cookies we use: Google Analytics and Adwords: Measures traffic on our site. The cookies expire automatically after a number of days/years after your last visit.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online with us.
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems, and occasionally to send you special offers and promotions.
The information we collect is:
- Name - so we can talk to you personally
- Email address - so we can email you with order confirmations, delivery delays, or if you have asked to be kept informed about new products and offers we may send you competitions, surveys and interesting information
- Delivery address
- Telephone number - we'll only call if we need to discuss your order
- Credit card details - we only ask for these when you place an order
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security.
This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
The encryption technique we use is of the highest standard available for e-commerce and is certified by VeriSign, the world's most respected certification body for Internet firms.
There are only 2 circumstances where we may share some of your data:
- With credit card clearing agencies that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company, our data records being part of our business.